Since February 2023, GSCS has shifted the Substitute Teacher/Substitute Employee hiring processes to partner with SPUR Staffing. There is no better time than now to be a substitute in Griffin-Spalding County Schools. Substitutes supporting GSCS will have access to various benefits, including weekly pay and health benefits. Substitute schedules are flexible; substitutes can work up to five (5) days a week.
Please visit the SPUR website for more information on these processes and what to expect as a SPUR employee.
Griffin-Spalding County School System utilizes substitute teachers in all grade levels and subject areas. Substitutes must be at least 21 years old (18 or older if a student currently enrolled in college).
- High School Diploma
- Be at least 21 years old (18 or older if a student currently enrolled in college)
- 2 references
- Complete GSCS Substitute training requirements
- Complete the on-line application at https://spurstaffing.com
- Upload or mail copies of transcripts or certification
- Two references are required- email addresses are required for your references, forms will automatically be emailed to them.
Daily Rate of Pay: $104.00
Long term pay (10 days or more consecutive as lead teacher):
Certified Teacher Daily Rate of Pay- $140.00
Typical Work schedule for full day assignments: (8 hours)
Elementary Schools - 7:15 am-3:15 pm
Middle Schools - 8:00 am-4:00 pm
High Schools - 7:15 am-3:15 pm
AZ Kelsey Academy - 7:00 am-3:00 pm
Mainstay Academy - 7:30 am-3:30 pm
Typical Work schedule for half day assignments: (4 hours)
Elementary Schools - 7:15 am-11:15 am 11:15 am-3:15 pm
Middle Schools - 8:00 am-12:00 pm 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
High Schools - 7:15 am-11:15 am 11:15 am-3:15 pm
AZ Kesley - 7:00 am-11:00 am 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Mainstay - 7:30 am - 11:30 am 11:30 am - 3:30 pm