Student Dress Code
School system adopts updated student dress code for 2011-2012
Griffin, GA – In an effort to address student safety and appropriate attire for school, the Griffin-Spalding County School System has adopted an updated student dress code for the 2011-2012 school year.
Important changes are:
· The student dress code applies to school hours and school activities.
· Students must wear appropriate footwear (flip-flops and bedroom shoes are not appropriate).
· No student may wear clothing with slits or holes.
· All shirt tails longer than wrist level (when arms are held loosely at the side) must be tucked in.
· Female students may wear leggings provided a dress or top is worn over the leggings. The length of the dress or top must fall below the fingertip when arms are held loosely at the side.
Griffin-Spalding County School System Superintendent Dr. Curtis Jones said, “We want students to dress in a manner conducive to a great learning environment. We believe that these guidelines will help students not only be safe at school but also help prepare them for the professional and social world.”
He continued, “Ultimately, school administration reserves the right to make decisions about the student’s compliance with the dress code. I encourage all parents to review the updated guidelines which are posted in all our schools and on our website so that they may be fully prepared for the first day of school on August 8.”
# # # # #