| |New Teacher Induction & Mentoring Program
Induction is the systematic process of training and supporting new teachers before the first day of school and continuing throughout the first two years of teaching.
Its purposes include but are not limited to:
- Easing the transition into teaching,
- Improving teacher effectiveness through training in effective classroom managmentment and teaching techniques,
- Promoting a district's culture - its philosophies, mission, policies, procedures and goals,
- Maximizing the retention rate of highly qualified teachers
- Increase competence through a rich and thoughtful process of inquiry and reflection.
The program experience includes:
- New teachers assigned to a school-based Teacher Induction Team comprised of 2-3 trained teachers for year long training and support.
- New teachers working together in mutually supportive learning environments.
- Teacher Induction Specialists working together thus building trust and maximizing experience.
- New teachers will also be assigned a mentor in thier job alike area or grade level.
- New teachers are additionally supported by the administratrive team, other new teachers and a school culture of support and commitment to excellence.
For more information, please email Leonora Clarkson. You may also call 770-229-3710 x. 313