Pre-Kindergarten in the Griffin Spalding County School System
• 20 Pre-K classes for 4 year olds
• Classes are taught in the following elementary schools:
• Purpose is to help parents and families build a foundation to help their child develop and prepare for kindergarten.
• Parents and families are encouraged to strengthen their role as their child's first and most important teacher through involvement with his or her Pre-K class.
Family Resource Center
234 East Taylor Street
Griffin, Georgia 30224
Pre- K Project Coordinator
Pearla Hodo (email@example.com or 770-229-3796).
• Child must be 4 years old on September 1 of the year they wish to attend Pre-K.
• Legal documentation (birth certificate, passport, official documents) of birth date
• Proof of residency
• Immunization Record (with in the first 30 days of school opening)
• Eye, Ear and Dental form (with in the first 90 days of school opening)
Registration for Pre-K is held in March of the year before the student will begin the Pre-K Program.
Class sizes are limited to 22 students. At present, the Griffin Spalding County School System has a total of 20 Pre-K classes offered in the 11 elementary schools. Because the system has more children to apply than available spaces, a placement lottery will be held at each school.
STUDENTS MAY ONLY BE REGISTERED AT ONE SCHOOL. NAMES ARE CROSS CHECKED AND STUDENTS WITH MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS WILL HAVE THEIR NAMES REMOVED FROM THE REGISTRATION LISTS.
All students at each school who have registered to attend Pre-K will participate in the lottery drawing. The first 22 students whose names are drawn will be placed in a Pre-K class. When classes have been filled the remaining students’ names will be drawn and placed on a waiting list in the order they are drawn. As spaces open in the Pre-K classes throughout the school year, the students on the waiting list will be offered the positions in the order they are listed on the waiting list.